History of Barnsley UMC

In 1918, Mrs. Adelaide Saylor, granddaughter of Godfrey Barnsley, saw the need for a place of worship near the community school.  She donated land for the purpose of building a church to the Trustees who were E. L. Kerce, J. V. Kerce, J. R. Culberson, and H. T. McGuire.  Work was begun on the church building, and the first services were held in the fall of 1920.

No comments:

Post a Comment